Sony KDL-43W809C review
|Review: July 2015|
Last updated October 2015
In a nutshell: The Sony 43W809C is a 43-inch version of Sony's excellent W80C range of TVs. The W809C is finished in black with a dark chrome stand, and is exclusive to Currys / PC World. Picture quality and connectivity options are excellent, and the Android smart TV operating system has a lot to offer. However, at present, Sony is still in the process of rolling out Android, and we've deducted one star from our rating because of this issue.
The KDL-43W809C is a 43-inch TV in Sony's 2015 W80C range. We reviewed the 50-inch KDL-50W805C in detail, and we refer you to that review to find out more. The 43-inch models are exactly the same as the 50-inch, apart from the screen size. The W809C model is exclusive to Currys / PC World and is the same as the W805C except that it has a dark chrome stand instead of the normal silver stand. It also has slightly enhanced motion interpolation, giving it a 1000Hz motion rating instead of 800Hz, but we don't think that this will make any practical difference to viewing.
Sony KDL-43W809C features include:
- 43 inch LED-backlit screen
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- X-Reality PRO processing engine
- Advanced Contrast Enhancer
- Motionflow XR 1000 Hz
- Dynamic backlight control
- 24p True Cinema
- 3D Ready (active 3D), no glasses included
- Game Mode
- Freeview HD
- Android 5.0 TV
- Audio: Clear Phase speaker, Dolby Digital Plus / Dolby Pulse, 10W x 2 power output
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, screen mirroring, HDMI x 4, USB x 3, headphone/subwoofer output x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr), composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out x 1, Audio In x 2, HDMI PC in x 1, Scart x 1, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, MHL, CI+ slot
- RMT-TX100D remote control
- Energy efficiency class: A+
- Typical power consumption: 55W - 98W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 962 x 565 x 59 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 962 x 602 x 179 mm
Sorry - questions and comments on this page are now closed.
Will tv guide advance page by page instead of one channel at a time?
on 23rd Nov 2018
TV won't turn on?
Asked by Razak
on 18th Jul 2017
Brightness keeps maxing out?
Asked by Michael
on 17th Mar 2017
Brightness keeps resetting to maximum (100%)
Tried different settings to no avail.
Sony KDL-43W809C user reviews
Sorry - reviews and comments on this page are now closed.
Average rating from 3 reviews:
Reviewed by Joe Harris
on 25th Oct 2017
I bought this TV 18months ago and the power adapter went ! I tried Vurrys they weren’t interested I tried Sony they weren’t interested either! So I’m frantically trying to get a replacement ac power adaptor for this TV.
Not impressed with customer service from either! 😢
Reviewed by Ali
from United kingdom
on 28th Jan 2016
This tv is super picture quality , good speakers, dont think i need any soundbar for this tv , i recomend it ...
Reviewed by Horst Kreuz
on 26th Jan 2016
The KDL - 43W809C is advertised with a USB recording function.
This is not available!
It is intentionally advertised with false, untrue statements!
Why is it still advertised this way? Incomprehensible!