RSS News feed
| || |
Sony KDL-42W654 review
The Sony KDL-W654 is the same as the Sony W653, except that it has a silver frame instead of black. This is the only difference between the W653 and the W654. Read our detailed review of the W653 for a full assessment of this TV.
In summary, the W654 offers 2D viewing only, but it does it rather well, with good levels of contrast, sharp upscaling, and low input lags which makes it especially suitable for gaming. It's also a very stylish TV with a smart metallic finish.
On the downside, audio quality is average, and the Smart TV system isn't as good as market leader Samsung. It's also disappointing to have just 2 HDMI connections, and of course there's no 3D capability.
But when you factor in the very competitive price of this TV, the benefits seriously outweigh any shortcomings, making this one of the best televisions you can buy for the price.
Sony KDL-42W654 features include:
- 42 inch LED-backlit screen
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- X-Reality PRO processing engine
- Advanced Contrast Enhancer
- Frame Dimming
- Motionflow XR 200 Hz
- Freeview HD
- Sony Entertainment Network
- Audio: Dolby Digital Plus, S-Force 3D surround effect, 8W x 2 sound output (RMS)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, screen mirroring, HDMI x 2, USB x 1, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) / composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, Audio In x 2, Scart x 2, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, DLNA
- RM-ED053 remote control
- Energy efficiency class: A+
- Typical power consumption: 50W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 954 x 568 x 69 (15.8) mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 954 x 595 x 197 mm
Sony KDL-42W654 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it. This is a review site, not a forum, so please don't just ask questions. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by Paul mcgregor from England on 19th Sep 2013
I have had a fair few TVs in my time and spent lots of money I even had a 46"
hx753 from sony last year which was stolen. This has a better picture. Repeat
this has a better picture. Easier to set up. Blacks are black as night. The
contrast in dark scenes this tv picks out is phenonenal for the money I feel
it punches so far above its weight that sales of the 805/905 will suffer! So
basically get one before they withdraw it!! (Hx853!?) all in all a seriously
good tv for no money (ish).