Sony KD-65XD9305 review
|Review: April 2016|
Last updated July 2016
In a nutshell: The Slim Backlight Drive and X1 processor of the Sony KD-65XD9305 work wonders on this huge 65 inch screen, producing an impressive picture that's not far behind OLED TVs. But problems with the Android TV operating system and other faults mean that we can't recommend this product.
Read our detailed review of the 55-inch Sony KD55XD9305 for more information. We initially awarded this TV 4 stars, but problems with Android TV and screen vignetting mean that we've downgraded our rating. Instead we recommend the Samsung UE65KS8000 or Panasonic TX-58DX902B.
Sony KD-65XD9305 features include:
- 65 inch UHD LED-backlit screen
- 3840 x 2160 resolution
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- Triluminos display
- X-tended Dynamic Range PRO
- Slim Backlight Drive / Edgelit LED
- 4K X-Reality PRO processing engine
- Advanced contrast enhancer
- Motionflow XR 1000 Hz
- Active super-resolution 3D
- 24p True Cinema
- Picture modes: Vivid, Standard, Custom, Cinema Pro, Cinema Home, Sports, Animation, Photo-Vivid, Photo-Standard, Photo-Custom, Game, Graphics, HDR Video
- Freeview HD and YouView
- Android 5.0 TV
- Audio: Clear phase speakers, 3D surround, 7.5W x 4 power output
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet (LAN), screen mirroring, HDMI x 4 (PC input x 1), USB x 3, hybrid headphone/subwoofer output, component in (Y/Pb/Pr), composite in (AV), digital audio out, analogue audio input x 2, PCMCIA, SCART, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable), CI+ slot
- RMF-TX200E voice remote control
- Energy efficiency class: B
- Typical power consumption: 167W - 225W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 145.8 x 83.9 x 3.6 cm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 145.8 x 89.1 x 27.5 cm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Sony KD-65XD9305 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by Jones
from United Kingdom
on 21st Jul 2018
Opted for Sony after years of unstinting loyalty to Panasonic & Pioneer. In common with so many other buyers of this and the 55xd9305 model it has, without any warning, gone completely dead on me. It will not power up and I have followed all the on line tips for a re-start recommended by Sony. They have pledged to effect free repairs via an approved Sony service centre and replace the power supply board on both models until 2021.Unfortunately, the problem seems to have recurred on more than one occasion for several owners. This was meant to be their flagship TV for 2016.
Simply,just not good enough for what was once such a reputable brand, Sony have really gone down in my estimation.