Sony KD-55XD8577 review
|Review: April 2016|
In a nutshell: The Sony Bravia KD-55XD8577 is a good-value high-end UHD TV. Picture quality from this 55-inch HDR-capable TV is excellent, and it comes with Smart TV, twin Freeview tuners and catch-up TV from Youview. The thin silver frame and metal stand transform it into an object of beauty, but watch out for issues with its Android TV operating system.
This silver-framed version of Sony's XD85 series is the same as the black-framed Sony 55XD8599 we reviewed previously - see our full review of that model for more details.
Let's just re-iterate that this is something of a style icon, with its superslim screen, illuminated Sony logo, and metal stand with built-in cable management.
Although this is technically a mid-range 4K HDR television, picture quality is very impressive, with a wide colour spectrum, deep blacks, and good dynamic range. Motion handling is very good, and viewing angles are excellent. Just note that 3D isn't available.
Audio quality is less impressive, but connectivity is good, with twin Freeview HD tuners, 4 HDMI connections, 3 USB ports, and built-in Wi-Fi.
Smart TV is provided courtesy of Android TV, which gives you the ability to download Google Play apps directly to your TV. Google Cast enables smartphone mirroring, and the TV SideView app lets you use your Android phone or tablet to control the TV. Streaming services from Amazon, Netflix and YouTube are easily accessible, as is catch-up TV from Youview. But in 2015, Sony's Android TV system was riddled with bugs, and we're waiting to see if they have all been removed.
Sony KD-55XD8577 features include:
- 55 inch UHD HDR Edge LED-backlit screen
- Silver frame with silver slate stand
- 4K X-Reality PRO processing engine
- Motion enhancer: Motionflow XR 800 Hz
- Android 5.0 TV
- Audio: Stereo speakers, S-Master amplifier, 10W x 2 power output
- Connectivity: WLAN, Ethernet (LAN), screen mirroring, HDMI x 4, PC input via HDMI, USB x 3, hybrid headphone/subwoofer output, hybrid component in (Y/Pb/Pr) / composite in (AV), digital audio out, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable), Bluetooth
- RMF-TX200E voice remote control
- Energy efficiency class: A
- Max power consumption: 157W in vivid mode
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 123.1 x 71.7 x 4.4 cm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 123.1 x 77.0 x 26.3 cm
- Can be wall-mounted with optional bracket SU-WL450
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Sony or Samsung TV?
Asked by shiva
on 15th Jan 2017
I would like to purchase 49 or 55 inch tv from sony or samsung but very confused. In India we have couple of models like Sony 49X83D which is 4k HDR and Sony 55X85D 4k HDR as well. Those are my considerations before i met the sales person in a tv showroom. After that he suggested me to goto Samsung instead of sony. And his suggested model are Samsung 55KU6470 and 49KU6470 ......and hinted about a pricier KS7000 as well if my budget allows.....
So i'm really confused among them, please suggest me a better TV among them. Thank You
email@example.com is my mail id or
+919441192764 is my whatsapp number.
Sony KD-55XD8577 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
No reviews yet!