Sony KD-49XE9005 review
|Review: September 2017|
In a nutshell: The Sony 49XE9005 is one of the priciest 49-inch TVs of 2017, but there's a reason for that. Its direct backlit screen with local dimming delivers outstanding picture quality, whether showing 4K or HDR video. Add in Android TV, a good sound system, and premium design, and the high price is justified.
Today's best buy: Sony Bravia KD-49XE9005B from Quzo (£1049.77)
Sony XE9005 49"
£1200 might seem like a lot of money to spend on a 49" TV, but read our detailed review of the 55" Sony XE90 to find out why it's worth it.
Sony KD-49XE9005 features include:
- 49 inch UHD LED-backlit screen
- 3840 x 2160 resolution
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- Direct LED backlighting with local dimming
- 4K HDR Processor X1
- 4K X-Reality PRO
- Dynamic contrast enhancer
- Motionflow XR 1000 Hz (native 100Hz)
- Picture modes: Vivid, Standard, Custom, Cinema Pro, Cinema Home, Sports, Animation, Photo-Vivid, Photo-Standard, Photo-Custom, Game, Graphics
- Freeview & Freesat tuners
- Android TV
- Audio: 10W x 2 bass reflex speakers, Dolby Digital, DTS
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n/ac), Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet (LAN), screen mirroring, HDMI 2.2 x 4 (ARC support), USB x 3, Bluetooth 4.1, RF in, satellite input x 2, component video, composite video x 3, digital audio out, HDCP 2.2, headphone/subwoofer out
- Typical power consumption: 102W - 173W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 109.3 x 63.1 x 6.2 cm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 109.3 x 68.5 x 23.6 cm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Is this model available in India? If so where?
Asked by SARAVANAN
on 18th Oct 2018
Does this TV have Hybrid Log Gamma to allow streaming of 4K content from BBC iPlayer?
Asked by Lewis
on 22nd Nov 2017
Reply by Gary
on 15th Dec 2017
Yes - Firmware update v6.2671 added HLG, Nougat and other stuff.
Does it have a headphone socket? Thank you.
Asked by Trevor
on 21st Nov 2017
Sony KD-49XE9005 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by Zisis
on 30th Oct 2017
Iam owner of sony 49xe9005. This is probably the best lcd after oled. Always sony has better picture quality than samsung. Samsung tvs have bad colors, high iput lag and bad upscaling. Japan i think is the best on tv.