Sony KD-49X8309C review
|Review: September 2015|
In a nutshell: Sony's X83C series provides an affordable entry point into the company's UHD (4K) TV range, and the KD-49X8309C is an attractive and nicely-sized option for family viewing. It comes with the benefit of Android TV, and offers excellent connectivity options. Upscaling from HD content to UHD is excellent, and viewing angles are nice and wide, making this a good choice for family viewing. However, picture quality isn't the best we've seen in 2015, and this model is quite pricey for an entry-level UHD TV.
The Sony KD-49X8309C is almost identical to the KD-49X8305C, except that it has a lighter chrome stand and a better Motionflow rating of 1000Hz, compared with 800Hz for the X8305C. The X8309C is exclusive to Currys / PC World.
Read our detailed review of the KD-49X8305C for more information, as these two models are basically the same.
Sony KD-49X8309C features include:
- 49 inch UHD LED-backlit screen
- 3840 x 2160 resolution
- 4K X-Reality PRO processing engine
- Advanced Contrast Enhancer
- Motionflow XR 1000 Hz
- Dynamic backlight control
- 24p True Cinema
- Game Mode
- Freeview HD / Freesat HD twin tuners
- Android 5.0 TV
- Audio: Clear Phase speaker, Dolby Digital Plus / Dolby Pulse, 10W x 2 power output
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, screen mirroring, HDMI x 4, USB x 3, headphone/subwoofer output x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr), composite in (AV) x 2, digital audio out x 1, Audio In x 2, HDMI PC in x 1, Scart x 1, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, MHL, CI+ slot
- RMT-TX100D remote control
- Energy efficiency class: A
- Typical power consumption: 84W - 177W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1093 x 643 x 60 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1093 x 679 x 201 mm
Sorry - questions and comments on this page are now closed.
Dose this tv support Alexa?
Asked by Mel
on 30th Dec 2017
Does anyone know What is the difference between the 8305 and the 8309C?
on 25th Nov 2017
I know the 8305 now has the alexa app for voice control, youd think that the higher the model number is the newer the TV is however it would appear that the 8305 is a newer model than the 8309C.
Is the 8309 Sony ultra hd better then the 8305?
Asked by Charlotte
on 23rd Nov 2017
Do you recommend the 8309 model or the 8305 model.
Reply by peter
on 25th Nov 2017
From what I can gather the 8305 is a newer model than the 8309, strange I know but the 8305 supports Alexa whereas the 8309 as yet does not, hope this helps.
Sony KD-49X8309C user reviews
Sorry - reviews and comments on this page are now closed.