Samsung UE55JU6800 review
|Review: November 2015|
In a nutshell: The Samsung UE55JU6800 is a 55-inch UHD (4K) TV selling for around the £1,000 mark. The J6800 is the most affordable model to include Samsung's new nano crystal display technology, and offers superb UHD (4K) viewing, together with excellent Smart TV.
The Samsung UE55JU6800 is the 55-inch version of the UE50J6800 we reviewed previously. The 55-inch version is the same, except that it seems to ship with an IPS screen instead of a VA display. IPS screens have wider viewing angles (an issue with the 50-inch model), but less dynamic range. They are also intrinsically slower screens, so motion may be less well resolved on this screen, compared with the 50-inch version.
Despite this, the UE55JU6800 is still an excellent TV, with a compelling price tag. Read our 50-inch Samsung JU6800 review for more information.
Samsung UE55JU6800 features include:
- 55 inch LED-backlit UHD screen
- 3840 x 2160 resolution
- UHD upscaling
- UHD dimming
- Ultra Clear Panel
- Auto Motion Plus
- Mega Contrast
- Picture Quality Index: 1400
- Game Mode
- Sports Mode
- Smart TV
- Quad Core Processor
- Freeview HD
- Audio: Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Studio Sound, DTS Premium Sound 5.1, HD audio, 10W x 2 sound output (RMS), 2 down firing plus bass reflex speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 4, USB x 3, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) / composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, Anynet+, CI+ (1.3) slot, MHL, DLNA
- TM1250A remote control
- Energy efficiency class: A+
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1242.6 x 718.4 x 63.2 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1242.6 x 781.7 x 310.5 mm
Sorry - questions and comments on this page are now closed.
Does my ue55 ju6800 support dvb-dash?
Asked by John
on 15th Jun 2018
I want to enjoy the world cup in 4k on BBC Iplayer.
How do I use the UHD upscaling?
Asked by Geoff
on 27th Apr 2017
When we connect a laptop via HDMI, it will usually struggle with the high resolution of the TV, and usually reduces the refresh rate to cope. We have to go into the display settings to pull the refresh rate back up to 60 Hz. I was wondering about using a separate upscaler, then I saw that it is listed in the features of the TV.
When a visitor to our boardroom brings their own laptop, they are not very keen on someone else going into the display settings, and usually they do not know what to do themselves. Also, sometimes the option to change the refresh rate isn't available.
Asked by Danny
on 17th Aug 2016
I wich to buy a medium to good set of Bluetooth headphones to use in conjunction with Samsung UE55JU6800 TV. I have been informed that not all Bluetooth headsets are compatible.
Can you recommend a headset(s) that will work with this TV?
Samsung UE55JU6800 user reviews
Sorry - reviews and comments on this page are now closed.