Samsung UE55JS8000 review
|Review: November 2015|
In a nutshell: The Samsung UE55JS8000 is a 55-inch Series 8 TV with a flat screen, and is simply the best TV we've reviewed in 2015. With nano crystal technology and a super-bright screen bringing natural colours and incredible shadow detail, it creates the most realistic images we've ever seen on an LED television.
Samsung has given us just what we wanted in time for Christmas - a Series 8 television with a flat screen. The JS8000 is exactly the same as the JS8500 curved TV, but with a flat screen.
Call us traditionalists at S21, but we still prefer flat screens over the new-fangled curved designs, and this JS8000 is the best we've ever seen from Samsung. A top buy - if you can afford it!
Samsung UE55JS8000 features include:
- 55 inch LED-backlit SUHD screen
- 3840 x 2160 resolution
- Nano crystal colour
- UHD upscaling
- UHD dimming
- Ultra Clear Pro Panel
- Auto Motion Plus
- Peak Illuminator Pro
- Picture Quality Index: 1800
- Film Mode, Game Mode, Sports Mode
- Smart TV with voice control
- Quad Core Processor
- Freeview HD, Freesat HD twin tuners
- Audio: Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Studio Sound, DTS Premium Sound 5.1, HD audio, 10W x 4 sound output (RMS), 2.2 channel front-firing speakers with dual woofers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 4, USB x 3, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) / composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, Anynet+, CI+ (1.3) slot, MHL, DLNA, One Connect Mini
- TM1580A + TM1240A remote controls
- Energy efficiency class: A
- On-mode power consumption: 111 W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1252 x 713 x 29.9 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1252 x 761 x 232 mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Is this 3d tv?
Asked by rupan
on 29th Apr 2018
How can I buy this model ??? There is not in Greek market.
Asked by VAGGELIS
on 28th Sep 2016
Can you hang it on the wall? Do you need special brackets?
Asked by Bruno
from Vaprio d
on 20th Apr 2016
Samsung UE55JS8000 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 2 reviews:
Reviewed by Kevin
from United Kingdom
on 27th Apr 2016
Stunning freeview HD images, looks very stylish when switched off, I didn't want a curved screen so chose this, I'm so glad I did, I also paid 1k brand new 5yr warranty, my only dislike is the short mains cable and the one connect box, the latter been great if your hanging the TV on the wall, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this TV.
Reply by Alan63
on 23rd Jun 2016
Any chance you could say where you bought this TV from Kevin, most interested ?
Reviewed by Hassan
on 25th Jan 2016
It's alright but would be better if it was curved.
Reply by Gk
on 17th Feb 2016
Should of got a curved tv then!
Reply by charles
on 5th Mar 2016
Reply by Kev
on 23rd Apr 2016
So why not buy the 8500 then?
Reply by David
from United Kingdom
on 7th May 2016
What a ridiculous comment.
This was one of the few flat screen options from Samsung, which you bought and now state would be better curved.
Reply by gary
on 11th Sep 2016
Plain daft - if you want curved buy curved don't complain about a flat screen not being curved.