Samsung UE55H6670 review
|Review: November 2014|
In a nutshell: The Samsung UE55H6670 offers amazing big screen value - 55 inches of viewing pleasure for around £1000!
Today's best buy: Samsung UE55H6400 from Gameseek (£690.66)
The Samsung UE55H6670 is identical to the 48-inch UE48H6670 model we reviewed earlier this year, except that the screen size is inflated to a massive 55 inches.
When you unpack this beast you might wonder what on earth you have got yourself into, but if you have a large enough room to watch it comfortably, that feeling will quickly disappear, to be replaced by sheer exhilaration. You will need a lot of space though.
We do wonder if 55 inches is pushing the capabilities of this screen too far. Connoisseurs may notice picture artifacts that aren't so visible on the 40- or 48-inch versions, especially when watching standard definition. But if you stick to HD sources such as Blu-ray or gaming, with less emphasis on terrestrial TV, we think you'll be well pleased. You certainly can't argue with the price.
Read our review of the 40-inch model for more details.
Samsung UE55H6670 features include:
- 55 inch LED-backlit screen
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Micro Dimming
- Wide Colour Enhancer (Plus)
- Mega dynamic contrast ratio
- 600 Clear Motion Rate
- 3D Ready (Two pairs of active 3D glasses included)
- Film Mode
- Game Mode
- Football Mode
- Smart TV with voice commands
- Quad Core Processor
- Freeview HD, Freesat HD, twin tuner
- Audio: Dolby MS10, DTS Studio Sound, DTS Premium Sound 5.1, 10W x 2 sound output (RMS), 2 down firing full range speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 4, USB x 3, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) x 1, composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, Scart x 1, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, Anynet+, CI+ (1.3) slot, AllShare, screen mirroring
- Samsung Smart Control, TM1460A + TM1240A remote controls
- Energy efficiency class: A+
- Typical power consumption: 73W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1230.6 x 715.5 x 64 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1230.6 x 765.4 x 249.8 mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Samsung UE55H6670 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 2 reviews:
Reviewed by Seggie
from United Kingdom
on 28th Feb 2017
Had this model 2 years and was great but now just wont work keeps knocking itself off and on apparantly this is common with samsung televisions. Avoid samsung altogether because they just not interested in helping.
Reviewed by rob
on 12th Nov 2014
how come you gave the smaller screen tv 5 star and the 55 screen 4 star? the only difference is screen size. i have the 55 model and its a pretty good tv for the money sd picture is average hd picture pretty good has loads of features and the updated smart hub looks much better than 2013 smarthub.
Reply by Alan
on 3rd Dec 2014
Hi Rob, If you read paragraph 3 of the review it does explain why the smaller TV got a better rating. I went from a cheap (Finlux) 40 inch to a much more expensive Sony KDL 55W829 and found that in all areas but one (banding in dark scenes) the smaller TV was the equal , if not better than the larger TV. It is just so much more difficult to produce pin sharp images on a screen that is almost twice the area.