Samsung UE49MU6500 review
|Review: May 2017|
In a nutshell: The Samsung UE49MU6500 is a curved 49-inch UHD TV. This TV is well priced, stylish, with superb Smart TV functionality and connectivity. Picture quality is excellent for a mid-range HDR television, but the curved shape won't be the best option for all homes.
Samsung MU6500 vs MU6400
The Samsung MU6500 is identical to the MU6400 in all aspects, except that it's curved. The curve adds style, and can create an immersive viewing experience when sitting directly in front of the screen at the correct distance (3 metres.) However, if sitting off-axis, the screen curvature has the effect of reducing the effective screen size, and also exacerbates the screen's most significant defect - the fact that colours, brightness and contrast fade when viewed at an angle.
Read our detailed Samsung MU6400 review for more.
Samsung UE49MU6500 features include:
- 49-inch UHD LED-backlit screen
- 3840 x 2160 resolution
- Screen curvature: 3,000R
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- UHD dimming
- Mega contrast
- Auto depth enhancer
- Active Crystal Colour
- Auto Motion Plus
- Picture Quality Index (PQI): 1600
- Samsung Smart TV
- Freeview HD & Freesat HD tuners
- Audio: Stereo speakers, 20W output, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Direct, ethernet, HDMI x3, ARC support, USB x2, digital audio output (optical), component / composite input, screen mirroring, CI+ 1.3, Anynet+, Bluetooth
- Power consumption: 150W
- Energy efficiency class: A
- Remote control: TM1750A+TM1240A
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1094.7 x 638.1 x 104.2 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1094.7 x 708.2 x 334.3 mm
Sorry - questions and comments on this page are now closed.
Samsung UE49MU6500 user reviews
Sorry - reviews and comments on this page are now closed.
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by Jason
from United Kingdom
on 16th Nov 2017
Bought this tv 3 weeks ago and although it is very good in every aspect its going to be replaced by another set as the internal freeview hd tuner is blocking/pixelating all the time and its driving me nuts..apart from that a good mid range tv but it is not perfect!!!