Samsung UE49KS7000 review
|Review: May 2016|
In a nutshell: The Samsung UE49KS7000 is an affordable version of Samsung's flagship KS9000 SUHD TV. It has a flat screen instead of curved, and a branch-style stand with silver metal feet instead of a central stand. The audio system is also less powerful. But it's several hundred pounds cheaper too, and that makes it a top buy. With 4K viewing and HDR capability, the KS7000 produces extraordinarily clear pictures. Plus you get Netflix and Amazon support - everything is here, except for 3D.
Samsung's KS7000 SUHD series is the same as the KS8000, but with a different stand and a slightly downgraded speaker system. And the KS8000 is a flat-screen version of the curved KS9000, which is Samsung's premier offering for 2016.
We highly rate the 49KS7000, as we prefer the flat screen, and you can make a big saving by choosing this model, while still getting the amazing picture clarity and other features of the more expensive models.
Read our full 55-inch Samsung KS7000 review for more information, or see our Samsung KS8000 review.
Samsung UE49KS7000 features include:
- 49-inch UHD LED-backlit screen
- 3840 x 2160 resolution
- Quantum dot display
- 10 bit support
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) 1000
- Motion rate: 200
- Precision Black local dimming
- Peak Illuminator Pro
- Picture Quality Index (PQI): 2100
- Samsung Smart TV, voice recognition
- Freeview HD & Freesat HD tuners
- Audio: Dolby Digital Plus, DTS codec, 2.1 channels, 40W RMS
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Direct, ethernet, HDMI x4, ARC support, USB x3, screen mirroring, Digital audio output (optical), Bluetooth, CI slot, Anynet+
- Power consumption: 170W
- Energy efficiency class: A
- Remote controls: TM1680A + TM1240A
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1089.1 x 633.6 x 43.4 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1089.1 x 699.0 x 233.2 mm
Sorry - questions and comments on this page are now closed.
Can it receive BBC iPlayer ITV 4oD 5oD?
Asked by Bill
on 2nd Jan 2017
How far are the feet apart on a Samsung 49ks7000?
Asked by David
on 2nd Jan 2017
Reply by Peter
on 13th Jan 2017
100cm (from outside edge of front legs) - I measured them in Currys today.
UE49KS7000 v UE49KU6400?
Asked by vicky
on 3rd Nov 2016
I am in a dilema of which TV to buy other than the £500 difference can anyone offer advice?
Reply by Tony Ward
on 22nd Dec 2016
Vicky - I was (past tense) having the same question, went to a leading electrical retailer and compared the picture side by side, rather than in a separate aisle, where I thought the 6470 was impressive. Next to each other the 7000 wins it ends down, if you have the budget, if its a stretch then the 6470 is still really impressive. Also the stands make a difference 7000 legs are towards the ends so you need a big table 6470 its in the middle.
Samsung UE49KS7000 user reviews
Sorry - reviews and comments on this page are now closed.