Samsung UE46F6500 review
|Review: June 2013|
Last updated November 2013
In a nutshell: The UE46F6500 is an excellent 46 inch LED television with superb Smart TV and good picture quality.
The Samsung UE46F6500 is the same TV as the UE46F6800 but with a slightly different design. Whereas the F6800 has a strikingly contemporary "branch" design stand with Y-shaped feet and a transparent edge around the bezel, the F6500 is a more conventional-looking shape with a narrow bezel and a quad stand that can be swivelled left and right.
For more details about how the TV performs, read our detailed review of the 40 inch UE40F6800. In 46 inch format, it's a generously-sized family TV with good picture quality, 3D capability (2 pairs of active 3D glasses included), outstandingly good Smart TV (with full catch-up TV services including the BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport, ITV Player, the 4oD service from Channel 4, and Demand 5 from Channel 5) and a choice of conventional or touchpad remote controls. It also has the advantage of built-in Freeview HD and Freesat HD, as well as 4 HDMI ports, 3 USBs, ethernet and Wi-Fi.
The 46 inch versions of the F6500 and F6800 are retailing at around the £800 mark and both offer excellent value at this price. Certainly they are the best buys of Samsung's 46-inch LED TV range of 2013, and much better value than the overpriced Series 7 model.
Samsung UE46F6500 features include:
- 46 inch LED-backlit screen
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Wide Colour Enhancer Plus
- 400 Clear Motion Rate
- 3D Ready with 2 3D active glasses included
- Game Mode
- Smart TV 2.0, Smart Hub, Samsung Apps, Social TV, Fitness, Kids, Web Browser, S Recommendation
- Freeview HD & Freesat HD
- Audio: Digital Dolby Plus, Dolby Pulse, 3D surround effect, DTS Premium Audio 5.1, 10W x 2 sound output (RMS), 2 down firing speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 4, USB x 3, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) x 1, composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, Scart x 1, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, Anynet+, DLNA, CI slot
- TM1360A, TM1240 Remote Controller
- Energy efficiency class: A+
- Typical power consumption: 62W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1042.4 x 608.5 x 47mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1042.4 x 682.4 x 307.2mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Samsung UE46F6500 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 2 reviews:
Reviewed by G Suresh
on 21st Sep 2015
UE46F6500 is an amazing piece. Can any one help how to connect speakers via bluetooth??
Reviewed by Dave from Austria on 26th Aug 2013
Just bought this (August 2013) and it is by far the best television I've ever owned.
Very excited to have 3D in the living room. The glasses are lightweight and easy to set up. As long as the source provides quality 3d, this TV set provides a great 3d picture. Even the "2d to 3d" feature does a decent enough job!
Currently experiencing some crackling through the speakers that seems to occur only when using the HDMI port displaying my PC. Something to keep an eye on for sure and possibly search the forums as more people own this set (apparently Samsung has been known to use cheap capacitors which can sometimes cause this).
For now though, based on initial impressions after 4 days of use - 5 stars!
Reply by Julie Wood
on 29th Nov 2013
Hi, just about to purchase this TV. Anymore problems with the crackling? Thanks, Julie