Samsung UE40H6500 review
|Review: May 2014|
In a nutshell: The UE40H6500 is another excellent mid-range 3D-capable TV from Samsung with great Smart TV and connectivity, fast quadcore responsiveness, good picture quality and stylish looks.
Spotting the difference between Samsung's TV models is enough to drive you nuts. The F6500 is 99% the same as the F6400 model. The only significant difference is in the styling. The F6500 has a slim metal bar along the bottom edge of the screen and has a thicker profile. Apart from these slight aesthetic differences and the fact that the 6500 comes with a twin tuner, they are the same TV and cost about the same. Read our detailed review of the UE40H6400 for more.
Samsung UE40H6500 features include:
- 40 inch LED-backlit screen
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Wide Colour Enhancer (Plus)
- Mega dynamic contrast ratio
- 400 Clear Motion Rate
- 3D Ready (Two pairs of active 3D glasses included)
- Film Mode
- Game Mode
- Football Mode
- Smart TV with voice commands
- Quad Core Processor
- Freeview HD, twin tuner
- Audio: Dolby MS10, DTS Studio Sound, DTS Premium Sound 5.1, 10W x 2 sound output (RMS), 2 down firing full range speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 4, USB x 3, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) x 1, composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, Scart x 1, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, Anynet+, CI+ (1.3) slot, AllShare
- Samsung Smart Control, TM1460A + TM1240A remote controls
- Energy efficiency class: A+
- Typical power consumption: 50W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 906.6 x 533.3 x 63.1
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 906.6 x 596.2 x 266.9
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Re the UE40H 6500 TV - does it have built-in Freeview and Freesat or only built-in Freeview with the ability to connect a Freesat box?
on 30th Oct 2017
Samsung UE40H6500 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by Jiri Smidak
from Czech Republic
on 27th Feb 2015
Well I got this TV for 3 months now and I am really happy and satisfied with it. The 3D is awesome, you know, you just download the 3D MKV file... and thats it;o) Next thing is that there is too big jump between the 0 volume level and level 1. In my bedroom, when she sleeps, even level 1 can wake her up. Big PLUS is the USB connectivity. I connected Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 and it works 100% without a need of setting anything. The screen - the picture is sharp as hell, quick and without any shadows. The colors is something that should be rated subjectively, the feel depends on each mans' eye. The inside computer is also fast so the GUI is responding quickly and fluently. During January 2015 it also asked me for fw update via internet. This was passed flawlessly. So far I did not find any major negatives. Excellent TV by all means. If you got any questions, contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org .