Samsung UE40F6500 review
|Review: May 2013|
Last updated November 2013
In a nutshell: The UE40F6500 is an excellent 40 inch LED television with superb Smart TV and good picture quality.
The Samsung F6500 is the same TV as the F6800 but with a slightly different design. Whereas the F6800 has a strikingly contemporary "branch" design stand with Y-shaped feet and a transparent edge around the bezel, the F6500 is a more conventional-looking shape with a narrow bezel and a quad stand that can be swivelled left and right.
For more details about how the TV performs, read our detailed review of the UE40F6800. In summary, it's a practically-sized family TV with good picture quality, 3D capability (2 pairs of active 3D glasses included), outstandingly good Smart TV (with full catch-up TV services including the BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport, ITV Player, the 4oD service from Channel 4, and Demand 5 from Channel 5) and a choice of conventional or touchpad remote controls. It also has the advantage of built-in Freeview HD and Freesat HD tuners, as well as 4 HDMI ports, 3 USBs, ethernet and built-in Wi-Fi.
Samsung UE40F6500 features include:
- 40 inch LED-backlit screen
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Wide Colour Enhancer Plus
- 400 Clear Motion Rate
- 3D Ready with 2 3D active glasses included
- Game Mode
- Smart TV 2.0, Smart Hub, Samsung Apps, Social TV, Fitness, Kids, Web Browser, S Recommendation
- Freeview HD & Freesat HD
- Audio: Digital Dolby Plus, Dolby Pulse, 3D surround effect, DTS Premium Audio 5.1, 10W x 2 sound output (RMS), 2 down firing speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 4, USB x 3, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) x 1, composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, Scart x 1, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, Anynet+, DLNA, CI slot
- TM1360A, TM1240 Remote Controller
- Energy efficiency class: A
- Typical power consumption: 61W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 910 x 534.1 x 47mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 910 x 597.3 x 265mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Where is the mic that's used for voice control located?
Asked by Sinead
on 26th Sep 2016
I'm feeling creeped out at the idea that my TVs is sending my voice recordings to some unknown place and I'd like to cover it for peace of mind.
Samsung UE40F6500 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by Flo from France on 2nd Aug 2013
Just about 3D:
I've tested, with the same setting, the 3D of the F6100 and the F6500, the F6500 is awfull, lots of crosstalk on gray and black.
The F6100 is pretty great:
Ghosting on white is missing, on gray is had some small reverse gosting on the black, and on the black if you are on front of the TV ghost, are bearly visible on white.
For the 3D, this is the best LCD I've seen, better than Plasmas TV, that have to many ghost with white on black for me (Panasonic ST60).
This is better than my ES700 (2012)
Here is the Crosstalk test:
You can download it on the YouTube page description.