Samsung UE40F6200 review
|Review: May 2013|
Last updated June 2013
In a nutshell: The Samsung UE40F6200 is an attractive TV with an eye-catching silver finish and great Smart TV, but suffers from low picture quality.
Samsung's 2013 range of LED TVs is like a tangled maze, and the F6200 series in particular is waiting to catch unwary consumers. The trick Samsung has pulled here is that at first glance the F6200 looks much like the more upmarket F6500, although in closer inspection it's chunkier and not as slim, although no doubt the silver finish will easily impress.
It still offers Samsung's fabulous Smart TV system that's easy to use and stuffed with useful apps like catch-up TV and the S Recommendation system that brings programmes to your attention based on your previous viewing history. In this way, it appears to be a better buy than the cheaper F6100 model that misses out on sexy features like Wi-Fi and Smart TV.
But the devil is in the detail. Or in this case, in the picture quality. In contrast with the F6500 and F6800 models that have a 400 Clear Motion Rate, the poor old F6200 has a Clear Motion Rate of just 100Hz. This puts its picture quality on a par with entry-level TVs costing hundreds of pounds less. The backlighting is also less polished. Problems include cloudiness, lack of contrast and motion blur.
While it's true that if you lust after Samsung's outstandingly good Smart TV offering, this is the cheapest model that includes it, we really wouldn't recommend buying it. After all, your TV may be Smart, but if the picture quality is low, you won't feel very smart after spending so much money on it.
Instead, we'd recommend stretching the budget to the 40 inch F6800 model, which offers substantially superior picture quality and is turning out to be the star of the Series 6 range.
Samsung UE40F6200 features include:
- 40 inch LED-backlit screen
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Wide Colour Enhancer Plus
- 100 Clear Motion Rate
- Game Mode
- Smart TV 2.0, Smart Hub, Samsung Apps, Social TV, Fitness, Kids, Web Browser, S Recommendation
- Freeview HD
- Audio: Digital Dolby Plus, Dolby Pulse, DTS Premium Audio 5.1, 10W x 2 sound output (RMS), 2 down firing speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 4, USB x 3, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) x 1, composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, Scart x 1, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, Anynet+, CI slot
- TM1250 Remote Controller
- Energy efficiency class: A
- Typical power consumption: 58W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 928.2 x 543.8 x 49.6mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 928.2 x 617.3 x 264.8mm
Sorry - questions and comments on this page are now closed.
Does this model of Smart TV have Freesat?
Asked by Carole
on 22nd Oct 2018
Hi if I wall mount this tv, what size screws in length and width do I need for the rear of the Tv were 4 screws attach the back bracket?
on 24th Jun 2017
Can wireless headphones be used with samsung tv UE40F6200?
Asked by TERRY
on 22nd Oct 2016
Reply by Jim
on 9th Jan 2017
What is the answer?
Samsung UE40F6200 user reviews
Sorry - reviews and comments on this page are now closed.