Samsung UE32H6400 review
|Review: July 2014|
In a nutshell: The 32 inch version of Samsung's H6400 series is arguably the best compact TV available this year. It's not cheap, but it gives you everything you could want from a 32 inch TV.
If you're looking for the best 32 inch telly money can buy, stop right here. It's hard to imagine that there's a better TV out there, unless the rather ordinary swivel stand could be replaced with something more designer, more bling.
The UE32H6400 takes all the goodness of the 40 inch UE40H6400 we previously reviewed in detail and scales it down to a compact 32 inches. That gives it arguably the best picture we've ever seen in a 32 inch TV. It even has 3D (although no glasses are included in the sales package).
It also has superb Smart TV - the best currently available - including catch-up TV via the BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport, ITV Player, the 4oD service from Channel 4, and Demand 5 from Channel 5, plus Netflix, Amazon/LoveFilm, Skype, Twitter, Facebook and others. It even has a zappy Smart Control remote control, and it runs silky smooth thanks to a quadcore processor.
Add in 4 HDMI ports (one of which supports ARC for connecting to an audio system), 3 USBs and built-in WiFi and you have an all-round outstanding performance.
There's nothing we don't like about the 32 inch version of the H6400, except for the fact that we have to pay money for it. It's not cheap for a 32 inch TV, but when you consider its quality, it still offers value for money. Just remember that there are cheaper options, and many of these will be "good enough" for most people.
Samsung UE32H6400 features include:
- 32 inch LED-backlit screen
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Wide Colour Enhancer (Plus)
- Mega dynamic contrast ratio
- 400 Clear Motion Rate
- 3D Ready
- Film Mode
- Game Mode
- Football Mode
- Smart TV with voice commands
- Quad Core Processor
- Freeview HD
- Audio: Dolby MS10, DTS Studio Sound, DTS Premium Sound 5.1, 10W x 2 sound output (RMS), 2 down firing full range speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 4, USB x 3, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) x 1, composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, Scart x 1, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, Anynet+, CI+ (1.3) slot, AllShare
- Samsung Smart Control, TM1460A + TM1240A remote controls
- Energy efficiency class: A
- Typical power consumption: 43W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 732.3 x 430.7 x 49.1 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 732.3 x 493.7 x 266.9 mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Can sky box RF output be connected to the aerial input on this tv?
on 24th Feb 2016
What Samsung 32" tv is as good as the ue32h6400, but without the 3D feature?
on 19th Feb 2016
Reply by S21
on 19th Feb 2016
The Samsung UE32J5600 is probably the closest.
Samsung UE32H6400 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by Partha
on 16th Feb 2015
It's damn good. The best 32" TV. Just go for it.