Samsung UE32ES5500 review
|Review: December 2012|
Last updated June 2013
In a nutshell: A good value TV with great looks, excellent connectivity and Smart TV. But picture quality does let it down.
This is the 32 inch model in Samsung's entry-level Series 5 ES range. Read our detailed review of the Samsung UE40ES5500 for a full assessment.
We'll just say here that the ultraslim design certainly looks premium, and we can't fault the pricing. However, the slow 100Hz Clear Motion Rate leads to "ghosting" during rapid movement such as sport or action sequences, or even when titles scroll across the screen.
Having said that, the TV comes equipped with Samsung's excellent Smart TV offering, and can be Wi-Fi enabled with a plug-in dongle. It also has the advantage of 3 HDMI ports and a Freeview HD tuner.
Samsung UE32ES5500 features include:
- 32 inch LED-backlit screen
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Wide Colour Enhancer Plus
- Digital Noise Filter available
- 100 Clear Motion Rate
- Game Mode available
- Samsung SMART TV, Smart Hub, Samsung Apps, Social TV, Web Browser
- Freeview HD tuner
- Audio: Digital Dolby Plus, Dolby Pulse, SRS TheatreSound HD, Dts 2.0+Digital Out available, 10W x 2 sound output (RMS), down firing + full range stereo speakers
- Connectivity: Wireless LAN Adapter Ready, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 3, USB x 2, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) x 1, composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, PC in (via HDMI), Scart x 1, RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) x 1, Anynet+
- TM1250 Remote Controller included
- Energy efficiency class: A
- Typical power consumption: 39W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 740.2 x 449.3 x 46.9 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 740.2 x 489.5 x 180.7 mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
How can I connect my ue32es5500 to my neighbours wi-fi?
Asked by Karl
on 9th Jan 2017
I have a Samsung wireless LAN adapter, but the on-screen info is telling me it is not connecting to the router.
Samsung UE32ES5500 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 2 reviews:
Reviewed by Algee
from United Kingdom
on 26th Jan 2016
Was told we could record using USB socket. The record function will only work with a hard drive and the encoded record is not viewable on other televisions.
Reviewed by Ciurdar Andrei
on 28th May 2014
I have this TV and I'm 99% it doesn't support ARC function. That means that the HDMI version is less than 1.4. So you will need extra A/V cable from your TV into the stereo/surround amplifier if you want to hear in loudspeakers the TV news.