Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 review
|Review: May 2014|
In a nutshell: The Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 is a full-sized tablet with a smart ultraslim design, octa-core power and a practical, robust build.
The Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 is a larger version of the Galaxy TabPRO 8.4. It has a 10.1 inch screen and is consequently larger and heavier, but just as slim. The battery is larger and it uses an octa-core processor instead of quad-core. It's proportionately more expensive and really we have little to say that we haven't already said in our review of the Galaxy TabPRO 8.4.
The screen is large with a very fine resolution and is a match for Apple's Retina display on the iPad Air. The tablet is very slim with a durable, practical build rather than the premium feel on Apple products. The chrome-effect edging is stylish and the back is made from a stitched, synthetic leather finish. It's available in a choice of Black or White.
The tablet runs the very latest Android KitKat 4.4 with Samsung's TouchWiz user interface and uses the same octa-core processor as the Galaxy Note 10.1. It's a "Big Core" 1.9GHz quadcore plus a "Little Core" 1.3GHz quadcore configuration, combining processing power with energy efficiency.
The 8 megapixel main camera is competent and can record full HD 1080p video, and there's a front-facing camera that can take selfies at 2 megapixel resolution or full HD 1080p video chat.
Battery life is reasonable, with up to 10 hours of intensive use possible before the juice is gone. Connectivity options are comprehensive, although you'll have to spend more if you want 4G.
We highly recommend the TabPRO 10.1. It's got everything that makes the 8.4 inch model so attractive, but in an upscale form. It's certainly a match for the iPad Air and it's better value than the Galaxy Note 10.1, although it lacks the S-Pen stylus of the Note.
Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 features include:
- Operating system: Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Display: 10.1 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with 2560 x 1600 pixels, 16 million colours
- 8 megapixel camera with flash and autofocus, 1080p HD video recording
- Secondary 2 megapixel camera for 1080p HD video calling
- Media player
- Messaging: SMS, MMS, instant messaging (Google Talk), email
- GPS +GLONASS with Google Maps
- Processor: Big Core 1.9GHz Quad + Little core 1.3GHz Quad
- Memory: 16GB/32GB plus microSD memory card slot (up to 64GB supported)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac, HT80), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, MHL, USB 2.0, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Size: 171.4 x 243.1x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 469g
- Battery: 8220 mAh
- Internet usage time (Wi-Fi): Up to 10 hours
- Video playback time: Up to 10 hours
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
No reviews yet!