Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 review
|Review: November 2015|
In a nutshell: The 9.7 inch version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is almost unbelievably slim and lightweight, and feels good in the hand, with metal edges and a smooth easy-grip back. With an 8-core processor and 3GB of RAM, it's fast, and runs Android Lollipop without a hitch. It comes with 32GB of memory and is available in a choice of 4G or Wi-Fi-only. Outstanding!
The 9.7 inch version of Samsung's Galaxy Tab 2 is the same as the 8 inch version, except that it's proportionately larger and heavier and is fitted with a bigger battery.
It's just as slim however - almost impossibly slim at just 5.6 mm thickness. It's thinner and lighter than the iPad Air 2, but is almost the same in every other way, apart from the fact that it runs Android instead of iOS.
We should draw your attention to the fact that it comes with 32GB of onboard memory and has a microSD card slot, so that you can upgrade the memory further at low cost.
Available in a Gold colour (4G version) or a choice of Gold or Black for the Wi-Fi-only version, it's an outstanding tablet in every way. Can we use the word "delicious" to describe a tablet? Is that allowed?
Read our detailed review of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8-inch version for more information.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 features include:
- Operating system: Android 5 (Lollipop)
- Display: 9.7 inch Super AMOLED touchscreen with 2048 x 1536 pixels
- 8 megapixel camera with HDR and autofocus, QHD (2560 x 1440) @30fps video recording
- Secondary 2.1 megapixel camera
- Glonass, GPS location technology
- Processor: Big Core 1.9GHz Quad + Little core 1.3GHz Quad, 3GB RAM
- Memory: 32GB plus microSD memory card slot (up to 128GB supported)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, RGB Sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac VHT80 MIMO), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, MHL, USB 2.0, ANT+, 3.5mm headphone jack
- 4G LTE, 4G, GSM network compatibility (Wi-Fi version also available)
- Size: 237 x 169 x 5.6 mm
- Weight: 392g
- Battery: 5870 mAh
- Internet usage time (Wi-Fi): Up to 8 hours
- Video playback time: Up to 12 hours
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Is this tablet (Samsung galaxy tab S2.) Good for gaming?
Asked by Rick
on 2nd Sep 2017
I play game of war on my kindle and I get kicked out of the game a lot.... that's why I'm looking into this tablet...
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by Robert
from South Africa
on 12th Oct 2016
This is an exceptional tablet and an absolute joy to use.
The Super AMOLED display is the best I've seen on any mobile phone or tablet & movies look fantastic on it. Also brilliant to use for reading, as it's very light and I'm normally getting screen-on time of 6 hours+, you should get even more if you are reading.
My only complaint is that it does not do fast charging & take more than 3 hours to fully charge from 10%.
At first I was skeptical to get a tablet, but now I cannot go without my Tab S2.