Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus review
|Review: April 2017|
In a nutshell: The Samsung Galaxy S8+ is a super-sized version of the S8, with an absolutely incredible screen, and electrifying capabilities to match. It's the most powerful mobile device you can get your hands on, but the price is sky high too.
A super-sized S8
The Galaxy S8+ is the same as the S8, but with a larger screen and a bigger battery. It's the best phablet-style phone we've reviewed, giving you a bigger screen than the iPhone 7 Plus in a lighter and more compact form factor. It's still big though, and you have to really, really want the huge screen - otherwise the regular S8 is a much better choice for most people.
The battery has been uprated from 3,000 to 3,500mAh, but otherwise all the specs are the same.
On sim-free, the phone costs around £100 more than the standard S8, but on Pay Monthly you'll need to spend around £65 per month on a contract, and that seems to us like a crazy price. It's the kind of money Apple charges for its products - too much. We've deducted one star from our rating to reflect that. However, if money is no object to you, then we'd say that this is the most capable phone you can buy at present.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus features include:
- Operating System: Android Nougat (7.1)
- 12 megapixel camera with LED flash, f/1.7, autofocus, optical image stabilisation, digital zoom, UHD 4K video recording
- 8 megapixel front camera, 1440p, auto-HDR
- Display: 6.2 inch Super AMOLED, Quad HD, 1440 x 2960 pixels
- IP68 water resistance
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- Processor: Exynos 8895 processor (4 x 2.3 GHz plus 4 x 1.7 GHz) with 4GB RAM
- Memory: 64GB, plus microSD card up to 256GB
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, USB 3.1 Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC, ANT+
- Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
- Networks: LTE 4G, HSPA+, EDGE / GPRS
- Size: 160 x 73 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 173g
- Battery: 3500mAh battery with Qi wireless charging
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by Dan Clark
from United Kingdom
on 5th May 2017
Have just upgraded to the S8+ from an S6 Edge and am really impressed so far. Still getting used to some of the new features and enhancements though as so used to the S6. With regards to the cost I am actually paying less per month than previously and being on O2s yearly upgrade plan means I will pay less than £400 for the handset over the course of the year.