Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 review
|Review: June 2014|
In a nutshell: The Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 is perhaps the ultimate tablet, adding S Pen support to the TabPro 12.2, for the largest screen of any tablet and one of the most powerful processing capabilities too.
The Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 is essentially a version of the TabPRO 12.2 with added support for the S Pen, so read our full review of the Galaxy TabPRO 12.2 for more information.
The S Pen is an advanced stylus that uses pressure sensitivity to measure how hard you're pressing. This makes it the perfect tool for handwriting (which the NotePRO can understand), editing photos, working with spreadsheets and any detailed tasks.
Apps that have been optimised for use with the S-Pen allow you to make notes or doodle over photos, just like with pen and paper. You can use Shape Match to turn a rough sketch of a graph into a proper neat graph with straight lines and numbers. There's a formula recognition tool that will turn handwritten mathematical formulae into digital form and even plot graphs. You can also use the S-Pen to draw pictures and edit photos. When not in use, the S-Pen fits neatly into a handy storage slot.
Compared with the TabPRO 12.2, the NotePRO adds £100 to the already substantial cost, but for professionals looking for a laptop replacement, this is affordable, and the benefits of the S Pen move the cost-benefit balance in favour of the NotePRO in our opinion, hence our 5 star rating for the NotePRO.
Compared with the Galaxy Note 10.1, the NotePRO 12.2 gives you nearly 50% more screen real estate with a proportionately higher capacity battery and a very welcome increase in memory. You pay for this with a £200 price hike and additional weight. Both versions of the Note are outstanding laptop replacements, and it's a matter of personal preference whether you value power over portability/price considerations.
Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 features include:
- Operating system: Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Display: 12.2 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with 2560 x 1600 pixels, 16 million colours
- 8 megapixel camera with flash and autofocus, 1080p HD video recording
- Secondary 2 megapixel camera for 1080p HD video calling
- Media player
- GPS, Glonass location-based services
- Processor: Big Core 1.9GHz Quad + Little core 1.3GHz Quad
- Memory: 32GB/64GB plus microSD memory card slot (up to 64GB supported), 3GB RAM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80 MIMO), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, MHL 2.1, USB 3.0, ANT+, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Size: 204 x 295.6 x 7.95 mm
- Weight: 750g
- Battery: 9500 mAh
- Internet usage time (Wi-Fi): Up to 13 hours
- Video playback time: Up to 11 hours
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
No reviews yet!