Panasonic TX-P50GT60B review
|Review: May 2013|
In a nutshell: The Viera TX-P50GT60B delivers nearly everything that Panasonic's flagship VT65 plasma TV offers, but at a significant price saving.
Panasonic's Viera GT60 sits exactly midway between its mid-range ST60 series and its premier VT65 series, so if you're struggling to decide between those two, the GT60 is probably for you! The TX-P50GT60B is the 50 inch model and it's also available in 42 inch form.
- Infinite Black Ultra (Infinite Black Pro instead)
- 30,720 shades of gradation (24,576 shades instead)
- DCI 98% Color Space
- Integrated camera (available as an optional extra)
- Touch Pad controller
- Twin tuners
Compared with the ST60, the GT60 offers the benefit of:
- 3000Hz Focused Field Drive (instead of 2500 Hz)
- THX mode
- 24,576 gradation steps (instead of 12,288 shades)
- 1080 Pure Direct / Super Clear Resolution
- isf Mode
- Hexa-Processing Engine
- 2 pairs of 3D glasses (instead of one pair)
- Smart Calibration
- Display Mirroring
- Freesat HD
Most of these features have little impact on performance - only pros will be able to tell the difference in picture quality between all three models. The VT65 does have the edge when it comes to design, with its contemporary V-shaped stand and other details. The presence of Freesat HD and twin tuners (allowing the TV to potentially replace a set-top box if you plug in an external USB HDD) may be features that justify the extra cost for some users. The bottom line is that the 50 inch ST60 costs around £1,100, the GT60 costs £1,500 and the VT65 costs around £1,800. These are big price variations for relatively minor differences in spec. Especially when all three TVs deliver outstandingly good picture quality.
Panasonic TX-P50GT60B features include:
- 50 inch plasma screen
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Infinite Black Pro
- High Contrast Filter
- THX mode (2D/3D)
- 3000Hz Focused Field Drive
- Hexa-Processing Engine
- 3D Ready (Active Shutter Progressive 3D - 2 glasses included)
- Game Mode
- Freeview HD & Freesat HD
- my Home Screen, voice guidance, touch pen
- Audio: VR-Audio Pro Stage 2.1, front speakers (Side SPK) x 2, woofer (75 mm) x 1 with total power of 20 W (5 + 5 + 10)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, Bluetooth, HDMI x 3, USB x 3, SCART, SD card, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) / composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, CI, DLNA 1.5
- Energy efficiency class: C
- Typical power consumption: 185W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1,170 x 697 x 49 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1,170 x 750 x 308 mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Panasonic TX-P50GT60B user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
No reviews yet!