Panasonic TX-49DX650B review
|Review: June 2016|
In a nutshell: The Panasonic TX-49DX650B is a fairly basic UHD (4K) TV. The Smart TV system is good, with Amazon, Netflix and Freeview Play included, but the picture quality isn't very refined. It's quite good value if you're after a big screen, but there are better models available for a similar price.
DX650B vs DX600B
The Panasonic Viera TX-49DX650B television is the same as the DX600B we reviewed in detail, except for its "Clear Frame" design. The DX650B has the same silver metal base as the DX600B (which can be moved to one of two positions, to suit the width of your pedestal), but instead of a black bezel surrounding the screen, the frame is clear plastic over a silver bezel. It's a matter of personal taste, but here at S21 we actually prefer the black bezel of the DX600B.
Everything else is the same, so read our Panasonic DX600 review for more details. The DX650B is exclusive to Currys/PC World.
Panasonic TX-49DX650B features include:
- 49 inch LED-backlit UHD screen
- 3,840 x 2,160 resolution
- Bright Panel
- 1000Hz Back Light Motion (BMR) rate
- High Contrast
- Wide Colour Spectrum
- Adaptive backlight dimming
- Freeview Play
- my Home Screen 2.0 Smart TV
- Audio: Full Range stereo speakers (10W x 2), VR-Audio True surround sound, Dolby Audio
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 3 (ARC support x 1), USB 3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 1, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) / composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, CI (Common Interface 1.3), DLNA, Easy Mirroring
- Standard remote control
- Energy efficiency class: A
- Typical power consumption: 84W - 120W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1106 x 646 x 66 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1106 x 699 x 364 mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
What size bolts go into the 49dx650b to wall hang?
Asked by David coomber
on 10th Apr 2017
Does the dx650 model have Bluetooth connectivity?
Asked by Debbie
on 28th Jan 2017
Where is the blootooth on this model?
Asked by Paul
on 17th Jan 2017
Panasonic TX-49DX650B user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by stephen mark
on 15th Jan 2017
I bought this tv the picture was very poor even streaming 4k content.