Panasonic TX-49DX650B review
|Review: June 2016|
In a nutshell: The Panasonic TX-49DX650B is a fairly basic UHD (4K) TV. The Smart TV system is good, with Amazon, Netflix and Freeview Play included, but the picture quality isn't very refined. It's quite good value if you're after a big screen, but there are better models available for a similar price.
DX650B vs DX600B
The Panasonic Viera TX-49DX650B television is the same as the DX600B we reviewed in detail, except for its "Clear Frame" design. The DX650B has the same silver metal base as the DX600B (which can be moved to one of two positions, to suit the width of your pedestal), but instead of a black bezel surrounding the screen, the frame is clear plastic over a silver bezel. It's a matter of personal taste, but here at S21 we actually prefer the black bezel of the DX600B.
Everything else is the same, so read our Panasonic DX600 review for more details. The DX650B is exclusive to Currys/PC World.
Panasonic TX-49DX650B features include:
- 49 inch LED-backlit UHD screen
- 3,840 x 2,160 resolution
- Bright Panel
- 1000Hz Back Light Motion (BMR) rate
- High Contrast
- Wide Colour Spectrum
- Adaptive backlight dimming
- Freeview Play
- my Home Screen 2.0 Smart TV
- Audio: Full Range stereo speakers (10W x 2), VR-Audio True surround sound, Dolby Audio
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 3 (ARC support x 1), USB 3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 1, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) / composite in (AV) x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, CI (Common Interface 1.3), DLNA, Easy Mirroring
- Standard remote control
- Energy efficiency class: A
- Typical power consumption: 84W - 120W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1106 x 646 x 66 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1106 x 699 x 364 mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Does this tv have full text to speech features, im blind so need a fully accessible tv?
Asked by Daniel
on 5th Oct 2017
I need the set to read all text on the screen for me. That means it tells me what channel im watching and reads out all menus from channel guides to other option menus.
Panasonic 49DX650B constantly loses bbc Iplayer and has to be re-programmed. Is this a common fault? How to solve?
Asked by sheila wills
on 1st Oct 2017
I keep getting a HDCP error with my Sky Q?
Asked by Barry
on 4th Jun 2017
Is this a common problem with the tv or is it a problem with Sky Q?
Panasonic TX-49DX650B user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 2 reviews:
Reviewed by sandeep
on 20th Jun 2017
Panasonic led is very nice product 4k life like screen mind blowing.
Reviewed by stephen mark
on 15th Jan 2017
I bought this tv the picture was very poor even streaming 4k content.