Panasonic TX-40CX400B review
|Review: August 2015|
In a nutshell: The Panasonic TX-40CX400B offers a low-cost entry into the world of UHD (4K) television. With a smart appearance, essential Smart TV functionality, and mostly good picture quality, it's the one to choose if every penny counts, although arguably you might be better off choosing a non-UHD model at this screen size.
This is the 40-inch version of the Viera 48CX400 we reviewed previously. Read our full review of the 48-inch Panasonic CX400 for a detailed discussion of this TV.
We're less convinced by the need to embrace Ultra High Definition at the 40-inch size, but if UHD is the way you want to go, the TX40CX400B is a good low-cost option to get there. 4K content is pin sharp on this screen, and we're impressed by the black levels and viewing angles too, especially considering the low price. The biggest issues are the relatively unsophisticated motion response of the screen, and the less-than-polished treatment of standard definition channels. But arguably these are less apparent on the 40-inch model than on the larger 48-inch version.
Apart from these nit-pickings, it's hard to argue with a UHD television at such a low price.
Panasonic TX-40CX400B features include:
- 40 inch LED-backlit UHD screen
- 3,840 x 2,160 resolution
- 200Hz motion control
- Freeview HD
- Game mode
- Active 3D (no glasses included)
- Smart TV functions
- Audio: Stereo speakers (10W x 2), V-Audio Pro Surround
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet (LAN) x 1, HDMI x 4, USB x 3, headphone x 1, component in (Y/Pb/Pr) / composite in (AV) x 1, SCART x 1, digital audio out (optical) x 1, CI+ (Common Interface slot), DLNA, display mirroring
- Standard remote control RC48125(RC5)
- Energy efficiency class: A
- Typical power consumption: TBC
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 912 x 532 x 65 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 912 x 593 x 271 mm
Sorry - questions and comments on this page are now closed.
Is it screen mirroring in this model?
Asked by Karan
on 13th Jun 2017
How to connect mobile phone to tv. Is it ant fuction is available in this tv .
How much it will be for a screen replacement? Ty
Asked by Ciprian
on 26th Apr 2017
What does displaying mirroring mean?
Asked by mia
on 4th Nov 2016
Is it like screen mirroring? and if it is how does it work?
Panasonic TX-40CX400B user reviews
Sorry - reviews and comments on this page are now closed.