Panasonic DMP-BDT280 review
|Review: May 2016|
In a nutshell: The Panasonic DMP-BDT280EB is an excellent mid-range Blu-Ray player with support for 3D playback and upscaling to 4K resolution. It supports a fair range of Smart TV services including the BBC iPlayer and Netflix, and includes built-in Wi-Fi and ethernet connectivity. You can also stream content from your home network using DLNA, Wi-Fi screen mirroring from a smartphone or tablet, or a connected USB device.
Comparing the Panasonic DMP-BDT280EB vs the Panasonic DMP-BDT270EB, we can't find any differences in functionality. The DMP-BDT280EB is the same as the more expensive Panasonic DMP-BDT380EB Blu-Ray player, except that it doesn't have an optical audio output.
Panasonic DMP-BDT280 features include:
- Playable disks: Blu-Ray (including 3D, BD-R/ BD-R DL, BD-RE/ BD-RE DL), DVD Region 2 (DVD±R/DVD±R DL/DVD±RW), Audio CD (inc. CD-R/-RW)
- 4K upscaling
- 4K JPEG playback
- Smart TV apps, including BBC iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, BBC News & BBC Sport
- Audio: Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio
- Supported video file formats: XVid, AVCHD, MKV. MP4, MPEG-2
- Supported audio file formats: MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, ALAC, FLAC, DSD
- Connectivity: HDMI output, Wi-Fi, ethernet, USB 2.0, VIERA Link, DLNA, Miracast screen mirroring
- HDD playback via USB
- Power consumption: 13W
- Size (W x H x D): 312 x 43 x 180 mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Do you need a 4K TV for this player to work?
Asked by Patrick
on 22nd Jan 2017
I have one now thinking we would upgrade our tv in the future to a 4K but I can't get the player to read standard blue ray disks.
by David Owen
on 19th Dec 2016
I bought this to play DVDs and CDs. What is the point of the Wi-Fi connection? I can get Netflix etc on my smart TV.
Reply by S21
on 19th Dec 2016
Hi David, not everyone has a smart TV, so this player offers another way to get Netflix, etc. If you already have them on your TV, you'll probably never use the Wi-Fi on this player.
Having problems setting player up to use can you help?
Asked by Brian Ellis
on 16th Dec 2016
Panasonic DMP-BDT280 user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
No reviews yet!