Microsoft Lumia 950 XL review
|Review: December 2015|
In a nutshell: The Microsoft Lumia 950 XL is a phone for power users, equipped with a fast processor, large high-resolution screen, a big battery and plenty of memory. Most importantly it runs Windows Phone 10, with full support for Office 365 and automatic syncing with OneDrive.
Microsoft Lumia 950 XL
The Microsoft Lumia 950 XL is a larger version of the Lumia 950 smartphone. Like the Lumia 950, it runs Windows Phone 10, and the screen is even larger - a 5.7 inch AMOLED display, with ClearBlack anti-reflection. The pixel density of 518ppi and superb high-contrast display are very impressive. The phone is large, but not heavy, and has a smooth matte polycarbonate finish.
The 950 XL has an uprated processor too, using the 8-core Snapdragon 810 and 3GB of RAM for impressive performance. Built-in storage is 32GB and the phone accepts microSD cards up to 200GB. OneDrive cloud storage is also provided.
The cameras are the same on the XL as in the standard version - a 20 megapixel PureView rear camera and a 5 megapixel front camera. Both are impressive.
Connectivity is the same on both devices, including USB Type-C support. The XL enjoys an extra-large 3,340mAh battery, giving similar battery life to the Lumia 950.
This is a very capable phone, best suited to business users, thanks to its full support of Windows 10's Office suite, and its ability to sync via OneDrive. It's less suitable as a multimedia platform due to the scarcity of third-party apps for Windows Phone.
Microsoft Lumia 950 XL features include:
- Windows Phone 10 operating system
- 20 megapixel BSI rear camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, flash and autofocus, plus 4K UHD video recording
- 5 megapixel front camera with 1080p HD video recording
- Display: AMOLED ClearBlack touchscreen, 5.7 inches, 2560 x 1440 pixels
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Barometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, SensorCore
- A-GPS, A-GLONASS and BeiDou positioning, Windows Maps
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, 8 cores, 2.0GHz
- Memory: 32GB, memory card (up to 200GB), 3GB RAM, OneDrive cloud storage
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type C, 3.5 mm headphone jack, NFC
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA plus quadband GSM and EGPRS
- Size: 152 x 78 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 165g
- Battery: 3340mAh
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Microsoft Lumia 950 XL user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
No reviews yet!