LG 60UH850V review
|Review: July 2016|
In a nutshell: The LG 60UH850V delivers the picture quality that a 60 inch screen demands, with full support for the HDR10 and Dolby Vision standards. This "Super UHD" TV is a superb all-rounder, with a top audio system to match the excellent picture quality. It also comes with BBC iPlayer, Demand 5, Netflix 4K and Amazon Instant Video.
LG 60UH850V review
The LG 60UH850V TV is a good choice if you want a really big screen. It's identical to the 55 inch model, except in size, so read our in-depth LG 55UH850V review to find out more.
Initially priced at around £2,200, the cost of owning this big beast has dropped considerably, making it good value for money compared with other over-55" screens.
LG 60UH850V features include:
- 60 inch UHD LED-backlit screen
- 3840 x 2160 resolution
- "Super UHD" IPS 4K Quantum display with Colour Prime Plus
- ULTRA Luminance
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Local Dimming
- Dolby Vision, HDR10
- Motion rate: 2700Hz (200Hz)
- Passive 3D (2 pairs of glasses included)
- Smart TV (WebOS 3.0)
- Freeview HD & Freesat HD
- Audio: Harman Kardon 2.2 speaker system, 40W total power
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, ethernet, HDMI 2.0 x 3 (ARC x 1), USB 2.0 x 2, USB 3.0 x 1, headphone x 1, component in, composite in, PC audio in, digital audio out (optical), SCART, RF in, screen mirroring, MHL 2.0, CI slot, Simplink, Bluetooth
- Magic remote control
- Energy efficiency class: A+
- Typical power consumption: 98W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1348 x 782 x 52.5 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1348 x 837 x 281.9 mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Is this model able to be placed on a wall?
Asked by Julian
from United Kingdom
on 9th Oct 2016
Reply by S21
on 10th Oct 2016
Yes, it uses a standard Vesa wall mount size of 300x300.
LG 60UH850V user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by John
on 9th Jan 2017
Specs are impressive but sadly the performance does not match !! Jittery motion with football and formula 1 and even with fast motion in films. VERY DISAPPOINTED. The only plus is that it has 3D otherwise I would go back to Samsung. Also be warned that I could not participate in BBCs UHD/4K test via iPlayer recently because the TV is not compatible with HLG and LG couldn't / wouldn't say if this TV would have a firmware update in the future to make it compatible for when BBC starts broadcasting in UHD/4K. So I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TV nor would I recommend any UHD/4K TV until the terrestrial channels confirm the technology needed to receive those broadcasts. As far as I am concerned I wasted £1600 and annoyingly you can get them now for £1100 - I wonder why? YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!