LG 49UJ701V review
|Review: August 2017|
In a nutshell: The LG 49UJ701V is a good mid-range 49-inch TV. It boasts a premium design, a comprehensive Smart TV system including Freeview Play, Freesat HD, Netflix, Amazon and NOW TV, and good picture quality with wide viewing angles. It's an excellent choice of family TV.
LG UJ701V 49"
The 49-inch version of the LG UJ701V is a good money-saving option compared with the "Super-UHD" SJ801V. The design is very similar, and the only significant feature missing is the nano-cell technology, which means that the colours lose a little of their brilliance compared with the more expensive model. It's still a good choice of mid-range TV.
Our price target for this model is £700, and we hope that it will be selling for less than this in time for Black Friday 2017.
LG 49UJ701V features include:
- 49 inch UHD LED-backlit screen
- 3840 x 2160 resolution
- IPS 4K edgelit display
- ULTRA Luminance
- HDR10, HLG
- Smart TV (WebOS 3.5)
- Freeview HD (Freeview Play) & Freesat HD
- Audio: Harman Kardon 2.0 channel speaker system, 20W total power, DTS decoder
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, ethernet LAN, HDMI x 4 (ARC x 1), USB 2.0 x 2, headphone out x 1, digital audio out (optical), RF in x 2, Miracast screen mirroring, CI slot, Simplink
- Magic remote included
- Energy efficiency class: A+
- Typical power consumption: 89W
- Size without stand (WxHxD): 1107 x 645 x 80 mm
- Size with stand (WxHxD): 1107 x 705 x 259 mm
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Is this TV good for console gaming?
Asked by Mark
on 23rd Sep 2017
I’m primarily concerned about its input/display lag. It has 100 Hz, but will the missing nano-cell technology make it slow?
LG 49UJ701V user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by David Walsh
on 19th Oct 2017
Not sure what tv you reviewed but the viewing angles are awful.