Google Pixel XL review
|Review: October 2016|
In a nutshell: The Google Pixel XL is a super-sized version of the Pixel, with a stunning 5.5 inch Quad HD screen. The phone runs Android Nougat 7 at lightning speed and has a great camera and good battery life. We can't get excited about Google's first attempt at styling a phone however, and the greedy pricing shoots the phone out of the water for the majority of users.
Pixel XL by Google
We've already reviewed the Pixel phone in detail, and we don't have much to add to that here. The Pixel XL is slightly larger, with a 5.5 inch display. The screen has a very high resolution with an incredibly sharp 534ppi pixel density, and is a beauty. The phone has the same ultrafast performance and high quality camera as the standard Pixel phone, and it has a bigger, longer-lasting battery too.
Everything else remains the same. The Pixel XL is a nice phone, with the benefit of pure Android Nougat, but it's too expensive, with a design that doesn't rock our world.
Google Pixel XL features include:
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- 12.3 megapixel camera with phase-detection autofocus, optical image stabilisation, HDR, UHD video recording
- 8 megapixel front-facing camera
- Display: 5.5 inches, AMOLED, 1440 x 2560 pixels, 534ppi
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821, 2.15Ghz + 1.6Ghz, 64-bit quad-core
- Memory: 32GB or 128GB, 4GB RAM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type C port, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC, GPS
- Sensors: Proximity / ALS, accelerometer/gyrometer, magnetometer, fingerprint sensor, barometer, Hall effect sensor, Android sensor hub, advanced x-axis haptics for sharper/defined response
- Networks: 4G LTE (Cat 12), 3G, quadband GSM
- Size: 154.7 x 75.7 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 168g
- Battery: 3450 mAh battery
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Google Pixel XL user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by Dave
on 27th Oct 2016
I was due an upgrade and waited for the arrival of the Pixel XL. Could not believe the pricing when announced. Over £700 for a Google phone...crazy! I can only agree with the assumptions made in this review, they have tried to enter the premium market with an average phone, hoping to compete with the likes of Apple and Samsung...sorry guys that's a fail. I've been a nexus user for years...what now I wonder?
Reply by Cris
on 14th Feb 2017
Hi Dave, you better off buying an iPhone 7 plus. The greatest iPhone ever in all areas, great camera, battery life, best processor,.... Go and buy one. nothing backs your phone better than iCloud.