Bosch WAT28460GB review
|Review: June 2015|
In a nutshell: The Bosch WAT28460GB washing machine is truly impressive. You won't find a machine that's quieter or more efficient unless you spend a lot more, and even Miele's flagship models can't match it. It's 30% more efficient than the top-rated A+++ energy rating, and Bosch's super-quiet EcoSilence drive comes with a 10-year warranty. The machine has a decent 8kg capacity and 1400rpm spin speed. Whilst it's quite expensive, it's well worth the price. Highly recommended!
The Bosch WAT 28460 is the same as the WAT24460, except that the 24460 has a lower spin speed of 1200rpm. Read our detailed review of the Bosch WAT 24460 for more information.
Bosch WAT28460GB features include:
- Capacity: 8 kg
- Maximum spin speed: 1400 rpm
- Energy efficiency class: A+++ -30%
- Spin class: B
- Fully electronic control dial for wash programmes, temperature and special progammmes
- Touch control buttons: Start / Reload / Pause, Spin speed reduction
- Special programmes: Aqua Plus, Down Wear, Dark Wash, Night Wash, Drum clean, Shirts/blouses, Sports Wear programme, Mixed Load, Drain / Spin, Allergy +, Super 15 min / Super 30 min, wool, delicates/silk
- VarioPerfect: speed or energy efficiency
- Programme time: 60 °C cotton programme 210 minutes
- EcoSilence drive with 10 year warranty
- 3D AquaSpa wash system with cascade
- Self cleaning detergent drawer
- Child lock
- Drum volume: 63 litres
- Noise level (washing): 49dB
- Noise level (spinning): 74dB
- Dimensions (H X W X D): 84.8 x 59.8 x 59 cm
- Can be built-under
Got a question? This is the place to ask it!
Please don't ask a question that has already been asked. Duplicates will be removed.
Does beeping continue?
Asked by Tracey
on 30th Jan 2017
Hi, I've previously owned a Bosch machine and when the cycle ended, the beeping would continue until I opened the door. Is the Bosch WAT28460GB the same? Thanks.
Does the WAT28460GB have a separate spin programme?
Asked by A Evans
on 26th Jul 2016
Reply by S21
on 7th Aug 2016
The Spin/Drain programme provides a spin with selectable spin speed.
Bosch WAT28460GB user reviews
Love this product? Hate it? Please share your experiences to help other people choose the product that's best for them. Please do not review this product if you have not used it, and please ask questions in our User Questions section above. Please do not use swear words or offensive language, and please, no advertising!
Average rating from 1 review:
Reviewed by Patricia Swimby
from United Kingdom
on 25th Mar 2016
Overall I am very happy with the performance of this machine, which is the most expensive one I have owned. It is, as stated very quiet, and does a good job at cleaning and rinsing the laundry. One or two little niggles though, which are, if using detergent pods and/or stain catcher sheets they often end up at the front in the rubber door seal, before they dissolve in the case of the pods, and the machine has to be paused to put them back. I have started to use powder instead to get round the problem, but someone who used them, and did the washing when they were not around to watch it, or at night could find this a problem. Also the countdown timer has a mind of its own. It can say 2 hours 55 remaining, and then within a few minutes the display reads 1 hour 30 remaining. To sum up though, the machine is well made (in Germany), with a metal door hinge, and I am pleased with the cleanliness of my washing.